Patch 1.1.1, a maintenance patch which contains a few goodies including the Night of Murder live event content (starting on February 6, 2009), a few very important open RvR changes, additional Flight Masters, and more. We have even more content on the way in the 1.2 update, which is shaping up to be huge. We'll have more info on 1.2 in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
- Night of Murder Live Event: This update includes Warhammer Online's next live event, the Night of Murder, which begins on February 6, 2009. Check out the Night of Murder live event page for full details including dates, lore, and exclusive event rewards.
- Russian Launch: With this update, we're very excited to bring Warhammer Online to Russia! This update includes numerous improvements and fixes specific to the Russian client.
- New Flight Masters: New Flight Masters have been added to some Chapter Hubs to ensure that each realm has equal means of travel. Read about this change in the General Changes and Bug Fixes section.
- New Quests: New quests are available from Keep Lords and Battlefield Objective Sergeants. Talk to the leaders there and help defend your territory!
General Changes & Bug Fixes
New Flight Masters have been added to those zones in which a realm did not previously have one. Now, players will be able to take a Flight Master from even more zones in the game! Where a realm does not have a warcamp in a given zone, the Flight Master has been placed in a Chapter Hub instead. Below is a list of the Chapter Hubs where new Flight Masters have been added:
- Mount Bloodhorn, Dwarf Chapter 4
- Norsca, Empire Chapter 4
- Ostland, Empire Chapter 8
- Talabecland, Empire Chapter 14
- Chrace, High Elf Chapter 4
- Ellyrion, High Elf Chapter 9
- Saphery, High Elf Chapter 14
- Ekrund, Greenskin Chapter 4
- Norsca, Chaos Chapter 2
- Troll Country, Chaos Chapter 8
- High Pass, Chaos Chapter 13
- Chrace, Dark Elf Chapter 4
- Ellyrion, Dark Elf Chapter 9
- Saphery, Dark Elf Chapter 14
- Lost Vale: The Desire of Vengeance buff can now be picked up during the fight with N'kari, Keeper of Secrets.
- New healers have been added near the boss instance entrances in the dungeons (with the exception of Lost Vale) for both realms.
Realm vs. Realm
- Karaz Drengi: The heavy oil at Karaz Drengi will now properly damage enemies below.
- Grond's Keep: All guards in this Tier 3 Keep will now correctly aggro on enemy players
- A minimum level of 37 is now needed to participate in Fortress assault/defense.
- Players will now get a 10-second warning before being teleported back to their warcamps if the Fortress has reached its population cap or if they are below the Rank restriction.
- Using the Scenario auto-queue feature will no longer occasionally place players into a Scenario that is associated with a locked zone.
- The value of Scenarios towards City Capture has been reduced. The value of Battle Objectives and skirmishes towards City Capture has been increased.
- We have reduced the hit points on the three outer doors of all Fortresses. We will continue to evaluate the difficulty of the Fortress encounters and make adjustments as necessary.
- In Fortresses, the Fortress Lord’s Terror aura will now affect defending players as well attackers.
Quests and Public Quests
- Pile it Up: This quest will no longer abandon itself when the player uses the handful of mud quest item on the Dwarven Statue.
- Altsadt: The dirt mounds will now properly reset for subsequent play-throughs of this Public Quest.
- Fallen Keep of Grom Rodrin: Mobs in this Greenskin 19 Public Quest are now named correctly.
- Aekold Helbrass in the Captured Inevitable City's Elysium encounter will now drop level-appropriate loot when killed by players.
- Display issues with the helm, shoulder and body pieces of the Runepriest's Sentinel armor set have been corrected.
Realm vs. Realm
- Fixed an issue that was causing certain guards at the Shining Way Fortress not to attack enemy players, or respond to an attack.
- Fixed an issue that was causing certain guards at the Fell Landing Fortress not to attack enemy players, or respond to an attack.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Karagaz Battlefield Objective to award too little Renown when captured. This Battlefield Objective will now award players with an appropriate amount of renown.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Furrig's Fall Battlefield Objective to award too little renown when captured. This Battlefield Objective will now award players with an appropriate amount of renown.
- Fixed an issue in which Fortress Lords' area-of-effect abilities were affecting an area significantly larger than intended.
Combat and CareersGeneral
- Fixed an issue that could, in some cases, cause root immunity not to work properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused some monsters in the Empire starting area not to fight back when attacked.
- The Decimator chest piece for the Knight of the Blazing Sun now has an increased chance to drop.
- The Decimator chest piece for the Black Guard now has an increased chance to drop.
Quests and Public QuestsQuests
- Fightin' Infightin': Low Boss Brung will now path in a more appropriate location, making him easier for players to find.
- Burnbeard's Oath: Fixed an issue that could cause this Public Quest to get stuck on Stage 1.
- The Grisly Herd: The final boss of this Public Quest will no longer reset in the middle of combat.
Realm vs. Realm
- The doors at the Badmoon Hole Keep will now be attackable by the attacking realm.
- The Contested Altdorf and Contested The Inevitable City side doors will now be open, allowing defending players to more easily leave the city if they choose.
- Players will no longer get stuck when using the postern doors in Butcher's Pass.
- We have normalized the amount of players required to launch any Tier 4 Scenario. All Tier 4 Scenarios will now launch when 24 players for each realm are queued, regardless of the size of the Scenario.
- Continued improvements to server stability.
- Capital letters can now be used throughout guild, guild ranks, and alliance names.
- The tactic buffs granted by a claimed keep will now be properly removed when the keep is lost.
- Corrected the drop rate percentage of the Lobbin' Noggin and Thoroughly Lobbed Nog associated with the Night of Murder event.
- The Caledor Woods scenario now properly grants credit for the task "Participate in any Elf Scenario".
- Fleshripper Harpies in Dragon Pass will no longer reset during combat.
- Barak Varr Marines in the Black Strand will no longer reset during combat.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Explosive Snotlings from the Keg's End event to continue to spawn even after the event had ended.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the monster Vhar'keth in the Reikwald Monastery to offer the wrong crafting items when scavenged by players. Players who scavenge this monster will now receive appropriate crafting items.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Khaligrar Bloodwing to spawn simultaneously in multiple locations.
- Many weapon and armor effects (such as Dissolve) were incorrectly set up to only activate in melee range. This issue has been corrected, and all item proc effects will now correctly activate when their conditions are met.
Quests and Public QuestsPublic Quests
- Burnbeard's Oath: Fixed an issue that was causing this Public Quest not to advance properly when the conditions of Stage One had been met.
Realm vs. Realm
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some players in the radius of a boiling oil attack not to take damage. All players in the radius of a boiling oil strike will now take damage.
- The tactic buffs will now be applied and removed for the proper keeps in Tier 3 of the Dwarf vs. Greenskin pairing.
- Keep doors are no longer attackable by the Realm that owns the Keep.
- The Order guards in the contested Inevitable City have been adjusted to allow them to better cover Order players entering the fray.