In Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, tradeskills are a great way to boost your stats, increase your survivability, and enhance your equipment. There are two production-type tradeskills (Talisman Making, and Apothecary), and four gathering-type tradeskills (Butchering, Cultivation, Salvaging, and Scavenging). Each character can learn two tradeskills—one production skill and one gathering skill.
Butchering is used to gather materials from the bodies of beasts for use in Cultivation and Apothecary.
Cultivation is used to grow plants for use in Apothecary.
Scavenging is used to gather trinkets from the bodies of humanoids for use in Talisman Making.
Salvaging is used to break down equipment into basic elements that can be used in Talisman Making.
Apothecary is used to make all manner of potions and liniments that have a variety of recovery and boosting qualities, and dyes that are used to dye armor and cloaks.
Talisman Making is used to make Talismans, which you can place in your equipment to increase stats, resistances, and overall make your equipment better. To place a talisman in a weapon or piece of armor, the item must have a talisman slot. Shift+Right-Click on the item you wish to place a talisman in to open the talisman equip menu, then drag and drop the talisman you want to slot to your armor into an empty talisman slot and click the "Fuse" button at the bottom of the talisman equip screen to finish slotting it.
Please note that when you place a talisman in a talisman slot on your gear, you can replace it with a higher powered using the slotting instructions above. The higher-powered talisman will overwrite the existing one (the talisman you are replacing is destroyed).
Simply speak to the trainer for the tradeskills you wish to learn. Below is a list of where you can find the tradeskill trainers, and their names.
Destruction Tradeskill Trainers
- Apothecary: Doomseer Webbweaver (The Inevitable City), Vechkin Vilebrew (Chaos Chapter 2)
- Butcher: Dierdrick Goedbloed (The Inevitable City), Bagmaul the Glutton (Chaos Chapter 2)
- Cultivation: Spana Soulseed (The Inevitable City), Vilhjajmur Witherfume (Chaos Chapter 2)
- Salvaging: Traldor Leadgut (The Inevitable City), Torus Savageblade (Chaos Chapter 2)
- Scavenging: Lorne Foulsteel (The Inevitable City), Hredric Taintblade (Chaos Chapter 2)
- Talisman Making: Zarhen Stranglevine (The Inevitable City), Anatai Blackreed (Chaos Chapter 2)
- Apothecary: Gersine Niederlitz (Altdorf), Ellene Webber (Empire Chapter 2)
- Butchering: Jorge Eckenhaus (Altdorf), Mekel Falkenheim (Empire Chapter 2)
- Cultivation: Gerolf Vinebrow (Altdorf), Adric Baer (Empire Chapter 2)
- Salvaging: Franklin Meisse (Altdorf), Dekmar Wulfmann (Empire Chapter 2)
- Scavenging: Elsbeth Reiss (Altdorf), Odwin Eisenhaur (Empire Chapter 2)
- Talisman Making: Lukas Gelderen (Altdorf), Aidan Bond (Empire Chapter 2)
For more details about the tradeskills of WAR, check out our Tradeskill Guide on Apothecary, Cultivation and Butchering and our Tradeskill Guide on Talisman Making, Salvaging and Scavenging.