Customer Service FAQ
What is the role of a CSR (Customer Support Representative)?
An often asked question when assisting players with issues is "What does a CSR do?" or "What can a CSR actually help me with?" It appears as though many players are unaware of the services provided by in-game support and confused by its purpose.
How can I respond to a CSR or another player that is trying to contact me in tells?
There are a variety of ways that you can respond to another someone that is trying to contact you. By default, pressing R on your keyboard will allow you to respond to the last player (or CSR) to send you a tell. You can also use /tell [Player Name] to initiate a tell.
What is the difference between a Bug Report, Feedback, and an Appeal? I thought I submitted bugs and/or feedback by letting CSR's know something was going wrong! Why are you telling me to submit more information when I'm already talking to you?
- Bug Reports are submitted when there is a possible issue discovered that must be addressed or investigated further by the development team. CSR's will direct you to submitting this if they are unable to fix the problem or issue you are experiencing to ensure that it is properly investigated. Bugs must be validated and replicated by the Quality Assurance staff before they can be resolved. Bug Reports are not directly responded to, but are addressed on the WAR Herald to the general populace.
- Feedback is the direct path for player to submit their opinions and ideas concerning the game, the game world, game mechanics and class or realm balance and any other information that could result in future changes to the game. The Community Team compiles all Feedback and distributes it to the appropriate parties. You can submit Feedback in game via the Help Menu. Please be concise and avoid generalities when submitting your ideas for the best results!
- Appealing a CSR will submit a ticket to the in-game support staff, allowing them to contact you in order of submission to assist with in game issues. Some examples of situations that a CSR can assist with include, but are not limited to, are often things like being stuck in the game world; observations of potential cheaters as well as quest and missing character or item issues.
I have checked all other sources and cannot find an answer to my issue, and am now attempting to submit a CSR Appeal. How do I appeal? Which category should I use?
There are many possible categories a player can choose from when submitting an appeal. Simply open your Help menu, and select "Create Appeal". Choose the category that best matches your issue and then fill out the necessary fields. If you do not see the specific category, choose one that is closest to your situation. Provided below is a sample of appealable issues:
- Player "Abraham Stinkin" is yelling out vulgarities, racism, and other comments that I find offensive.
- My character or item is missing/deleted and I would like to have it back.
- I think that Happyfeets McGuillicuddy is moving too fast and is exploiting the game.
I have a Missing Item; what information should I include in my appeal to best aid the CSR's in assisting me?
We understand that it is extremely alarming and frustrating to discover an item missing. If you run across a situation in which you believe this has happened, there is essential information that will greatly aid us in assisting you in a timely manner.
If you have a missing item issue, the following information is absolutely essential:
- The Missing Item's Name
- When it was last seen (Date and Time, if possible)
- Where was it last seen? (Mail, Inventory, equipped, etc)
- How was it lost?
- If it was sold, do you wish it returned?
- Who sent the message?
- Who was the message sent to?
- When was it sent?
- What was included in the message that has gone missing?
- What happened? (i.e. did the message disappear, item grey out, etc)
- The missing amount (as close to the exact amount as possible is OK)
- How was it lost? (i.e. double bid/charge at auction house, failed mail retrieval, etc)
- What date was it lost?
I have accidentally salvaged an item that was valuable to my character. What steps can I take to possibly get this item restored?
While CS does not guarantee the restoration of any item, we will make every attempt to do so. If you have accidentally salvaged something, please put the materials you received aside, and do not use them for any crafting purpose. If the salvage can be verified, we will attempt to restore the item in exchange for the materials received. Do note that should you use the materials gained from the salvage to craft something, we cannot replace the base item to your character.
Please use the "Missing Item" category within the CSR Appeal interface of the Help menu. Also, please be sure to list the item name in your appeal, for ease of trouble shooting.
I just received a message from a goldspammer! How can I report them?
The best way to report a player for selling gold or powerlevelling is by creating a CSR appeal on them through the help menu. The GOLD/PL Sales category was created specifically for this purpose, and the process is streamlined to help us get these players off the server faster. Reporting them with a violation report or a mail category appeal can often delay CSR investigation and could allow the spammer more time on the server to flood channels or in-boxes.
My character was force-transferred off from a server, but all of my friends went to a different server than the one I was transferred to. How can I play with them?
Any character that was automatically migrated from a legacy server should be eligible for one free server move. Check the transfers page on the account management center to see what transfers you have available to you.
I have a DAoC and/or UO account, and I've heard about other players getting special items for having an account. How do I get these items?
You can get Pendragon's Knot/Avatar's Ankh by contacting our billing department and having them link your accounts together for you. You can contact our billing department by phone at (650) 628-1001 during the hours of 10 AM to 10 PM EST. You can also use the In Game Appeal Interface located under the "?" on your toolbar to contact one of our Game Support Representatives.
I've decided I don't like my character's name after playing for a while, but I don't want to delete it and lose the time I've put into it; do you change names by request?
No, at this time there is not a Name Change service offered to players. If you would like to see such a service offered in the future, please submit Feedback requesting consideration of such a service.
I won a gold loot bag from a PQ, but I couldn't get to the chest in time! How do I get my loot bag?
If you do not manage to make it to the chest in time to claim your reward, then the appropriate loot bag will be mailed to you automatically.
We have encountered a problem with our instance (bugged mob, quest mob, cannot zone back in, etc); what can I do on my own before appealing to attempt to resolve the matter (or while awaiting a response from my appeal)?
Try using the /party resetinstance command. This may resolve the problem, and a CSR will inquire if you have already tried this.
Try having each of the party members log out, one by one, without breaking your group. This usually helps with problems zoning into an instance after a wipe.
If, after logging out, your group still cannot enter the instance, try having a groupmate disband and attempt to zone in on their own. If they are able to zone in, they will be able to invite the rest of the group from inside the instance, forming the group anew and possibly resolving the zone in issue.
I don't like my server; can I request a transfer?
Not at this time. If a transfer is not currently available as a free service, In-Game Support cannot provide a transfer to you by request. If you would like to see such a service offered in the future, please submit Feedback requesting consideration of such a service.
I mistakenly converted several convertible items such as Talisman Ingredients, RvR medallions, and RvR crests. Can In-game Support "un-convert" these items for me?
Unfortunately, this is not something that Customer Service can assist with, but in the case of Medallions, you can visit one of the Medallion armor merchants in your capital city to reverse-convert most of them.